Feta, Spinach and Tomato Quiche
8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed (gluten free~prepare without crust)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 package frozen spinach, thawed
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
12 cherry tomatoes, cut into thirds
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Spray the bottom and sides of a large pie or quiche dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Lay two phyllo sheets on top of each other. Lightly brush olive oil on the top sheet. (You do not need to cover the entire sheet). Repeat 3 times until all sheets are used.
3. Place sheets into dish. Trim off extra edging.
4. In a large bowl, crack the 5 eggs and quickly mix.
5. Add cream, nutmeg and cinnamon to the eggs. Mix well then set aside.
6. Open the spinach and squeeze the excess water out of it. (I find the quickest way is to take handfuls of the spinach and squeeze).
7. Sprinkle 1/2 of the feta cheese over the bottom of the dish.
8. Layer the spinach, in loose clumps, over the feta in the bottom of the dish.
9. Sprinkle the onions over the spinach.
10. Sprinkle the remaining feta over the onions.
11. Pour the egg mixture over the top of feta, spinach, onion mixture.
12. Place the tomatoes evenly over the top of the quiche.
13. Bake for 50-60 minutes; until center is firm.
14. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, slice and enjoy!