Potato Salad with Bacon
2 pounds small potatoes, boiled and cut into bit size pieces (fingerling, red or new are the best)
4 eggs, boiled and chopped
4 tablespoons Dijon or spicy brown mustard
1 cup Greek yogurt
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, diced
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup real bacon bits (or fry & chop fresh bacon if you prefer)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes in large pan until tender; fingerling 10 minutes, 2”+ red 20 minutes. Drain and cool well before cutting.
2. Boil eggs. Place eggs in a covered saucepan, cover with cold water, cover and bring to a rolling boil, turn off heat let stand for 15 minutes. Cool eggs in a bowl of cold water. Peel and chop into small pieces.
3. Mix mustard, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, parsley, and vinegar. Add celery and red onion.
4. Add mixture to chopped potatoes. Gently mix until potatoes are covered. Add bacon bits and mix again.
5. Salad can be served immediately; however, I prefer to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to cool and allow the flavors to mix.