Spinach and Feta Stuffed Bread
|"This bread is always a hit; be sure to make two!"|
You may also enjoy Sausage, Peppers & Onion Stuffed Bread
1 package refrigerated bread dough
6 cups fresh or 2 cups frozen spinach
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup onion, loosely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tsp. Kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1. In a large skillet, sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
2. Add spinach, parsley, cinnamon, salt and pepper to the skillet; sauté until the water from the spinach has evaporated. Set aside.
3. Unroll bread dough and stretch until it is 1/4" thick.
4. Spread spinach mixture over dough (it does not need to be perfectly even). Be sure to leave a 1” border on each of the long sides of the dough, and 2” border on one of the short sides.
5. Sprinkle feta and olives over mixture.
6. Roll dough starting at the short side of the dough without the border towards the side that you’ve left a 2” border. The dough can be loosely rolled. Be sure to pinch the ends as you go.
7. Place the loaf, seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut loaf on the diagonal, into 1” pieces.
10. Serve and enjoy!