Spinach, Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breast
“A little twist in the preparation allows the stuffing to stay intact;
it also enables a quick prep time
which makes for a fabulous dinner any night!”
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices bacon, precooked and cut in half
24 fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
4-5 ounce block of blue cheese
1 egg, scrambled
4 tablespoons bread crumbs (I prefer Panko; gluten free skip this step)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Lay each chicken breast on a cutting board and slice across to form a “pocket” (as you would slice a hamburger roll).
2. Open each breast and lay 6 spinach leaves on the breast. Overlap three on the left side (top of the breast) and three on the right side (bottom of the breast). The trick is to let an inch or so of the spinach leaves to extend over the side of the breast.
3. Lay one slice of blue cheese on each breast.
4. Lay two pieces of bacon on top of the cheese.
5. Fold the spinach you extended over the side of the breast up and over the bacon.
6. Close the breast and secure with two toothpicks.
7. Place breasts in glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
8. Brush egg over each breast then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs onto each breast. (Gluten free skip this step)
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
10. For a great presentation, place on cutting board, remove toothpicks, carefully slice into three strips and place on plate.
11. Serve & Enjoy!