Tomato Cream Pasta with Shrimp or Chicken
|“Five Star flavor without the price!”|
1 pound gemelli, campanelle, or penne pasta
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped or (1 can crushed tomatoes)
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined) or chicken
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and shallots for 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for a minute more.
3. Add sherry, chicken broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
4. Add raw shrimp, reduce to a simmer and cook until shrimp are opaque. (5-8 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp)
5. Stir in heavy cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
6. Pour sauce over pasta and gently toss till all noodles are well coated.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Prepare without the shrimp or chicken for a vegetarian meal.