White Bean, Sauteed Onion and Chicken Chili
|"A rich flavorful chili that is easy to prepare; |
serve with crusty garlic toast and salad
for a complete meal!"
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
5 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
2 cans chopped green chilies
5 cups chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons cumin
4 cans white beans, (kidney, navy, or cannellini)
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Cut the raw chicken into 1/2” slices, then cut the slices into 1” sections (approx.)
2. In a large stock pot, sauté onions and chicken until onions are softened the chicken is cooked through; add garlic and sauté for a minute more.
3. Add green chilies, chicken broth, oregano, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a low boil.
4. Add the beans (drained) and simmer for 30-40 minutes, uncovered.
5. Stir in heavy cream and return to a simmer.
6. Serve and enjoy!