Zesty Chicken Chili
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded *
1-2 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, sliced
3 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise then chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can cannellini (or white variety) beans, drained
1/4 cup hot sauce (to taste)
1/2 cup Gorgonzola or mild blue cheese, crumbled
1. Bake chicken in a 350 degree oven or sauté in skillet with olive oil. Cool then shred. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, sauté onions, celery and carrots, over medium heat, until they soften; about 12 minutes.
3. Add garlic to pan and sauté for a minute longer.
4. Add broth, chicken, paprika, cumin and cayenne to pan. Stir and reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and beans to pan, simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add hot sauce, a little at a time, to taste.
7. Spoon into bowls and top with Gorgonzola or mild blue cheese.
8. Serve and enjoy!
*You can also use ground chicken. Cook in large skillet, drain then add to chili.