Bacon Crunch Topped Mahi Mahi with Cream Sauce
4 Mahi Mahi fillets (or your favorite white fish)
6 bacon slices
1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, diced
1 cup Panko bread crumbs, (you can also crush croutons)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 Tbs. flour
1 Tbs. fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1. In a skillet, sauté bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and loosely chop strips (reserve 2 chopped strips for sauce).
2. Return bacon to skillet; add onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and bread crumbs and sauté for a minute longer.
4. Place Mahi Mahi fillets in a glass baking sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Top the fillets with bacon mixture. Use your fingers to press the mixture onto the fillets.
6. Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes; until fish is opaque and topping toasts.
7. While fish is cooking add the 2 reserved chopped bacon strips to the skillet. Pour in whipping cream; add flour and pepper and stir to remove lumps.
8. Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
9. Stir in parsley.
10. Plate fish and pour sauce over the fillets.
11. Serve and enjoy!