Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
|"Enjoy the delicious flavor of lasagna without the pasta!|
A great alternative for a gluten free diet."
You may also enjoy:
Acorn Squash and Roasted Onion Bisque
Butternut Bisque with a Hint of Curry
Lentil Minestrone Stuffed Acorn Squash
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Sage, Turkey and Pumpkin Seed Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Thyme Roasted Butternut Squash and Gorgonzola
2 spaghetti squash cut in half (medium sized +/- 8” long)
2 teaspoons olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup diced tomatoes
2 cups ricotta
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F then reduce to 350 degrees F
1. Brush the inside squash with olive oil; season with sea salt and pepper.
2. Lay, cut side up in 400 degree F oven and bake for 45 minutes. (This can be done ahead of time; the squash does not need to be hot to fill and bake with stuffing.)
3. In a large skillet, cook meat until almost done. Drain off most of the oil and return pan to heat.
4. Add onions and green peppers and sauté until they are softened; about 8 minutes.
5. Add garlic and sauté for a minute more.
6. Add tomatoes, oregano; stir and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. In a mixing bowl, scramble the egg. Add ricotta and parsley; stir to mix well.
8. Place squash in a glass baking pan. Using a fork carefully shred the squash being careful not to puncture the skin. (You can stop 1/4" from the skin.)
9. Spoon 1/2 of the meat mixture evenly between the four squashes halves.
10. Spoon 1/2 of the ricotta mixture evenly over the meat mixture.
11. Repeat steps 5 and 7 with the remaining meat and ricotta mixtures.
12. Top with mozzarella cheese.
13. Bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree F oven; or until cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
14. Serve and enjoy!