8 ounces penne pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
Sea salt and pepper
1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup diced tomatoes
2 cups ricotta
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, cook meat until almost done. Drain off most of the oil and return pan to heat.
3. Add onions and green peppers and sauté until they are softened; about 8 minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté for a minute more.
5. Add tomatoes, oregano; stir and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl, scramble the egg. Add ricotta and parsley; stir to mix well.
7. Place cooked penne a glass baking dish.
8. Spoon the meat mixture evenly over the penne.
9. Spoon the ricotta mixture evenly over the meat mixture.
10. Top with mozzarella cheese.
11. Bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree F oven; or until cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
12. Serve and enjoy!