Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with a Touch of Brown Sugar
"The touch of sweetness balances the saltiness of the prosciutto!"
12 asparagus spears, fibrous ends trimmed
6 slices prosciutto, (you can purchase prepackaged or at the deli)
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1. Lay out prosciutto strips onto cutting board and cut horizontally in half.
2. Take a pinch of brown sugar and sprinkle on the center of the prosciutto strip.
3. Place one of the asparagus spears at a 45 degree angle on one corner of the prosciutto; the tip towards the longer side and the step towards the shorter side of the slice.
4. Roll the asparagus spear keeping the prosciutto strip tight.
5. Place spears into a large skillet. Sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes; using tongs to turn the spears in order to cook prosciutto evenly.
6. Serve and enjoy!