Rotini with Sundried Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Chicken
“This dish is a winner every time ~ prepare with
chicken, shrimp or as a vegetarian meal!”
8 ounces celletani, rotini or penne pasta
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded or cubed
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (use the oil-packed)
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6 ounces goat cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer the panko)
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1. Cook chicken in oven or skillet, shred or chop then set aside.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, refill pot with cold water to cover pasta. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, sauté garlic, red pepper flakes and sundried tomatoes over medium heat for 1 minute.
4. Add heavy cream and nutmeg to pan, stir.
5. Add goat cheese and heat until the cheese is melted and sauce is lightly simmering. Be sure to stir constantly.
6. Add fresh basil and pasta to pan and toss to coat noodles. Add chicken to pan, toss again.
7. Pour mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top.
8. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
9. Let sit for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Variations: Prepare without chicken for a vegetarian meal or with sautéed shrimp.