Sautéed Chicken and Tomato Cream Soup With Rice
|"Creamy Tomato Soup with Lots of Goodies!"|
2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
Sea salt and pepper
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed and shopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 can crushed tomatoes
3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
3 Tbs. fresh basil, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup cooked rice
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil until juices run clear; 15-18 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pan, let cool then slice into bite-sized pieces.
5. Add shallot and garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute; until garlic is fragrant.
6. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 3-5 minutes; until they begin to soften.
7. Add crushed tomatoes, stock, chicken and basil. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Stir in heavy whipping cream.
9. Add rice, stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes more.
10. Serve and enjoy!