String (Green) Beans ~ Syrian Style
|"Delicious and so simple to make!"|
2 lbs. fresh string (green) beans, ends trimmed and halved
4 Tbs. olive oil
2 large onions, quartered and sliced
6 large tomatoes, cored and chopped
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a stock pot, sauté the onions in olive oil until they soften (10-12 minutes).
2. Add the string beans to the pot.
3. Cover the beans with the tomatoes and tomato puree.
4. Add 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
5. Season with nutmeg; sea salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour or until beans soften.
7. Serve and enjoy!