Caramelized Onion, Green Apple and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza
|"Sweet, tart, creamy ~ it's a hit!"|
Marinated Artichoke, Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Pizza
Fresh Tomato and Basil Pizza
Pistachio, Sauteed Onion and Fresh Thyme Pizza
Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Spinach, Feta and Fresh Tomato Pizza
3 tsp. olive oil
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 large green apple, cored and thinly sliced
3 Tbs. fresh rosemary
1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (for a stronger flavor use Blue Cheese)
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F
1. Prepare your dough. For a homemade dough recipe click here. If you are using store bought dough, let the dough sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. This will make the dough much easier to spread and hold a shape.
2. In a large skillet sauté the onions until softened and begin to caramelize.
3. Add apple slices and rosemary; sauté until the apple slices begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
4. Brush dough lightly with olive oil.
5. Spread onion and apple mixture over dough.
6. Sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese over mixture.
7. Bake on a preheated pizza stone for 8-11 minutes until dough is golden brown.
8. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting for best results.
9. Serve and enjoy!