Crispy Creole Shrimp in Creamy Pasta
|“The spice and cream combo give this dish a zip of flavor!”|
1 pound gemelli, campanelle, or penne pasta
Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (16 jumbo or 20 large or 24 medium)
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/3 cup flour
6 teaspoon creole seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
2-3 Tbs. olive oil
2-3 shallots, diced
11/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 Tbs. corn starch diluted in 2 Tbs. water
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Set aside.
2. Combine sea salt, flour, 3 teaspoons creole seasoning and paprika in a large baggie.
3. Add raw shrimp and shake to coat evenly.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat; sauté shrimp, 2-3 minutes per side, until opaque. The flour coating should be crispy. Once cooked, remove shrimp from the pan set on a paper towel and cover to keep warm.
5. Add shallots to pan and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add chicken broth and bring to a low boil. Use a wooden spatula to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
7. Reduce heat and stir in 3 teaspoons creole seasoning, heavy cream, parsley and corn starch. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
8. Add pasta and gently toss to coat.
9. Add shrimp, give a quick toss.
10. Serve and enjoy!