Feta, Pine Nut and Spinach Stuffed Chicken
|"A Greek twist on a classic chicken dish!"|
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups fresh or 1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup onion, loosely chopped
3 tsp. pine nuts
1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg, scrambled
4-6 tbsp. bread crumbs (I prefer Panko; gluten free skip this step)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a large skillet, sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
2. Add spinach, parsley, cinnamon, and pine nuts to the skillet; sauté until the water from the spinach has evaporated. Set aside.
3. Lay each chicken breast on a cutting board and slice across to form a “pocket” (as you would slice a hamburger roll).
4. Open each breast and stuff with 1/4 of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of the Feta cheese over the spinach mixture.
5. Close the breast and secure with two toothpicks.
6. Place breasts in glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
7. Brush egg over each breast then sprinkle 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons of bread crumbs onto each breast.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
9. For a great presentation, place on cutting board, remove toothpicks, carefully slice into three strips and place on plate.
10. Serve and enjoy!