Goat Cheese, Asparagus and Sautéed Mushroom Egg Casserole
|"Three wonderful flavors to enjoy at breakfast or brunch too!"|
2 tablespoons olive oil
10-12 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 pound asparagus, fibrous part of stems removed and cut into 1” pieces
10 ounces of goat cheese
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup water
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1. In a skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in olive oil until they soften. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Add garlic to pan and sauté for about 1 minute longer.
3. Spray the bottom of an 8” x 8” glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread asparagus evenly in the dish.
4. Spread mushroom and onion mixture evenly over the asparagus.
5. Dollop the goat cheese over the casserole.
6. In a mixing bowl, scramble the eggs. Add the heavy cream and water and mix again.
7. Pour eggs mixture over the casserole.
8. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Casserole with slightly rise in center and be firm to the touch when done.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Note: This freezes very well, just slice into serving portions and re-heat in the microwave.