Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
|"A mouthwatering appetizer!"|
24 large mushrooms, stems removed
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 lb. ground beef, turkey or sausage
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Remove stems from mushrooms.2. Place mushroom caps in glass baking dish. Spray bottom of dish with non-stick spray.
3. In a skillet, brown meat and drain oil. Set aside.
4. In the same skillet, saute onions, and peppers in oil until onions begin to brown. Add the garlic and saute for 45 seconds. Add the meat, sprinkle with parsley, oregano, pepper and salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the diced tomatoes the pan, mix and simmer until for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
7. Fill cups with mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
9. Note: These freeze well and can be heated up in a microwave.