Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Rosemary Chicken
|"Every bite is filled with fabulous flavors, and it's healthy!"|
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, diced
1 tsp. oregano
2/3 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
2 cups raw zucchini, quartered and sliced
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small lemon, juiced
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and fill pan with 1 1/3 cups of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender (15 to 20 minutes). Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
2. Season chicken, on both sides with rosemary, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
3. In a skillet, sauté the chicken breasts until the juices run clear. (Approximately 3 minutes per side.) Let cool and slice into 1/2” cubes.
4. In a large bowl, add the red onion, zucchini, Kalamata olives, and garlic. Toss well.
5. Add the quinoa, 2 Tbs. olive oil, and lemon juice. Toss well. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the chicken, cherry tomatoes and feta. Toss well.
7. Serve and enjoy!