Quinoa Crusted Chicken Breasts
|"The quinoa crust is a great alternative to breadcrumbs!"|
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry quinoa
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
2 egg whites, whisked
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a saucepan, bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes; until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Using a fork, fluff quinoa then put into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika over the quinoa.
3. Using a fork, gently fluff to mix spices throughout the quinoa.
4. Add the mixed egg whites to the quinoa and gently mix to evenly distribute the egg whites.
5. Put flour on a flat dish. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour coating completely.
6. Place breasts in a glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (About 1” apart)
7. Distribute the quinoa mixture evenly between the chicken breasts and using a fork, gently press to cover each breast.
8. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over each chicken breast.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes.