Quinoa Topped Zucchini Rounds
|"These bite sized treats have a great flavor & texture combination."|
4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2” round slices
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry quinoa
1 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 egg white, whisked
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a saucepan, bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes; until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Using a fork, fluff quinoa then put into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika over the quinoa.
3. Using a fork, gently fluff to mix spices throughout the quinoa.
4. Add the mixed egg whites to the quinoa and gently mix to evenly distribute the egg whites.
5. Place zucchini rounds in a glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Place a dollop of the quinoa mixture on each round, and using a fork, gently press to cover each round.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!