Roasted Vegetable Linguine
|"Quick and nutritious!"|
1/2 box whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
6-8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 red pepper (or a few of the mini peppers), thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
2-3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions while vegetables are roasting in the oven.
2. Place the eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms onion, pepper and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies.
4. Use a spatula to mix the veggies to ensure they are all coated with oil.
5. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Roast vegetables for 8-11 minutes in the oven; mix once using a spatula for even roasting.
7. Toss cooked pasta with basil leaves and 1 Tbs. of olive oil. Serve onto plates.
8. Spoon roasted vegetables over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
9. Serve and enjoy!