Roasted Vegetable Pizza
|"Delicious~experiment with you're own combination of vegetables!"|
Caramelized Onion, Green Apple and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza
Marinated Artichoke, Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Pizza
Fresh Tomato and Basil Pizza
Pistachio, Sauteed Onion and Fresh Thyme Pizza
Spinach, Feta and Fresh Tomato Pizza
1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
6-8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 red pepper (or a few of the mini peppers), thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
1 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano or mozzarella cheese, shredded
2-3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F to roast the veggies.
Increase oven heat to 475 degrees F to cook the pizza.
1. Prepare your dough. For a homemade dough recipe click here. If you are using store bought dough, let the dough sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. This will make the dough much easier to spread and hold a shape.
2. Place the eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms onion, pepper and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies.
4. Use a spatula to mix the veggies to ensure they are all coated with oil.
5. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Roast vegetables for 8-11 minutes in the oven; mix once using a spatula for even roasting.
7. Brush dough lightly with olive oil.
8. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough.
9. Sprinkle the parmigiano reggiano or mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
10. Spread vegetable mixture over cheese.
11. Sprinkle the basil leaves and remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the top of the pizza.
12. Bake on a preheated pizza stone for 8-11 minutes until dough is golden brown.
13. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting for best results.
14. Serve and enjoy!