Sautéed Asparagus, Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Cream Tortellini
|"Fresh, colorful, delicious!"|
1 lb. fresh tortellini
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 lb. fresh brown mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch of asparagus, fibrous ends removed and cut into 1” pieces
1 cup sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
3 Tbs. butter
4 Tbs. flour
4 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, asparagus and sundried tomatoes in olive oil until asparagus brightens (about 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic and sauté for a minute longer.
4. In a saucepan over medium, melt butter then add the flour and stir until the flour is completely combined with the butter. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken (3-5 minutes).
5. Stir in fresh parsley; salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add sautéed mushrooms, asparagus and sundried tomato mixture; stir to combine.
7. Add tortellini and gently mix.
8. Plate and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
9. Serve and enjoy!