Sautéed Onion, Gorgonzola and Mushroom Topped Sirloin
|"The richness of this topping enhances each and every bite of steak!"|
2 Sirloin Steaks
3 tbs. butter
1/2 cup onion, thin slices
1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Grill steaks to desired doneness. Be sure to cover steaks after grilling and allow to rest for 5 minutes; this will allow the juices to distribute evenly throughout the steak.
2. While steaks are grilling, prepare topping. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
3. In a skillet, sauté onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are softened and beginning to brown.
4. Add Gorgonzola and parsley. Mix until cheese begins to melt.
5. Remove from heat and allow mixture to set for a minute or two.
6. Spoon mixture onto each steak.
7. Serve and enjoy!