Spinach, Feta and Fresh Tomato Pizza
|"Delightful Mediterranean flavors on a pizza!"|
Caramelized Onion, Green Apple and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza
Marinated Artichoke, Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Pizza
Fresh Tomato and Basil Pizza
Pistachio, Sauteed Onion and Fresh Thyme Pizza
Roasted Vegetable Pizza
3 tsp. olive oil
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup pine nuts
6 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
6-8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F
1. Prepare your dough. For a homemade dough recipe click here. If you are using store bought dough, let the dough sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. This will make the dough much easier to spread and hold a shape.
2. In a large skillet, sauté the onions until softened.
3. Add pine nuts and sauté for about 2 more minutes.
4. Add spinach and give ingredients a quick stir. Sauté for about 1 minute; you don’t want to cook the spinach, just soften it.
5. Brush dough lightly with olive oil.
6. Spread spinach mixture over dough and top with the cherry tomatoes.
7. Sprinkle feta cheese over mixture.
8. Bake on a preheated pizza stone for 8-11 minutes until dough is golden brown.
9. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting for best results.
10. Serve and enjoy!