Sweet Dijon Salmon Fillets
11/2 lb. salmon filet, 6 oz. per person
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. shallot, finely chopped
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
Suggestion: You may want to double the sauce recipe and reserve 1/2 of the sauce to pour over the cooked fish.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1. In a skillet, sauté shallots in olive oil over medium heat until they soften (2-3 minutes).
2. Reduce heat and add Dijon mustard, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Cut salmon horizontally into four equal portions.
4. Place fillets in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil; about 1” apart. Be sure that the sheet is large enough to bring up around fish and close. Spray the center of the sheet with non-stick cooking spray so the fillets won’t stick.
5. Pour seasoning mixture over the fish. Close the foil and let sit for 20 minutes.
6. Place on baking sheet and bake for 18-23 minutes.
7. Carefully open foil (there will be a lot of steam), plate fish and garnish with lemon slices.
8. Serve and enjoy!