Cauliflower Pesto Bites
2 cups cauliflower, riced or finely chopped
1 egg white
1/8 cup fresh basil leaved, chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup pine nuts, quick chop
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Fresh pesto for garnish
Sun dried tomato for garnish, finely sliced
Pine nuts for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Put cauliflower in microwaveable dish and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2. (Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave.)
2. In a large bowl, combine egg white, basil, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Mix well.
3. Add cauliflower and bread crumbs. Toss to combine all ingredients.
4. Using a tablespoon, spoon mixture onto a greased cookie sheet. Gently press down on each bite to flatten to 3/4”.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Bites should begin to brown.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with a dollop of fresh pesto, a sliver of sundried tomato and a pine nut.
7. Serve and enjoy!