Curried Chicken with Red Peppers and Potatoes
2 lbs. chicken tenders
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 fresh red peppers, thinly sliced
6 red or white potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
4 tomatoes, cored and chopped
1 13.6 oz. can coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
5 Tbs. curry paste
4 Tbs. tomato paste
2 Tbs. fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup whipping cream
1. Place chicken, onions, red peppers, potatoes and tomatoes in the bottom of a slow cooker.
1. Pour coconut milk over mixture.
2. Partially dissolve curry paste and tomato paste in chicken stock; pour over mixture.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
4. Add fresh basil, paprika and cream. Stir and cook for 1 hour longer.
5. Spoon curry over rice or quinoa.
6. Serve and enjoy!
1. In the bottom of a large stock pot over low heat, dissolve curry paste, and tomato paste in chicken stock and coconut milk.
2. Add chicken, onions, peppers, potatoes and tomatoes to the pot. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours over low heat.
3. Add basil, cayenne, paprika and cream; stir to combine. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes longer.
4. Spoon curry over rice or quinoa.
5. Serve and enjoy!