Fresh Green Bean Casserole with Rosemary
|"The hint of rosemary in the cream envelops |
the fresh beans and mushrooms!"
3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
3 cups chicken broth
3 Tbs. olive oil
2/3 cup onion, chopped
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. Flour
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbs. fresh rosemary
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (or 1 can French fried onion rings)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a large saucepan; boil the green beans in the chicken broth for 8-10 minutes. Green beans should be tender but not mushy. Drain beans and place in large bowl.
2. In a large skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms in olive oil until the onions soften. Add garlic and sauté for about a minute longer. Add mixture to beans and toss.
3. In the same skillet over medium heat; melt butter and stir in flour to create a roux.
4. Reduce heat and slowly pour in the cream and stir to remove any flour lumps. Add rosemary and simmer; continue to stir until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
5. Spread bean mixture evenly in a glass 8” x 10” baking dish.
6. Pour cream over beans.
7. Sprinkle cheese over casserole.
8. Sprinkle bread crumbs (or onion rings) over cheese.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!