Wine Country Chicken Salad
3-4 chicken breasts, baked then chopped (you can always buy the precooked chicken strips to save time)
3 stalks celery, cut lengthwise and chopped
3 whole green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
1 medium green apple, cored and diced (you may want to give it a quick lemon bath to keep it from
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 -1/2 cup poppy seed dressing
1/2 cup almonds or pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake chicken breasts in oven for 35 minutes. Cool and chop.
2. Mix celery, onions, grapes, apple and cranberry in bowl.
3. Pour dressing over chicken and toss. Start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add fruit and vegetable mixture to the chicken; mix with wooden spoon.
5. Serve chilled on fresh croissant rolls or over chopped Napa cabbage.