Stuffed Gouda & Bacon Burger
The beauty of this burger is it's versatility. Although the bacon and Gouda stuffing is always a hit; try changing up the stuffing ingredients to fit the tastes of your guests. Blue cheese, grilled onions, tomato slices or Jalapeno peppers! Even unstuffed, this burger has fantastic flavor and will not disappoint.
|"A moist, flavor-packed burger stuffed with Gouda cheese |
and bacon. This recipe takes a regular burger to a new level!"
2 1/2 pounds lean ground sirloin
1 cup red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup beer, pick your favorite
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 bacon slices, cooked (or 4 Tbs. real bacon bits)
4 Gouda cheese slices, 2” x 2” x 1/2”
1. In a large bowl, mix sirloin, onion, Worcestershire sauce and beer.
2. Add paprika, cumin, pepper, garlic and parsley. Mix well.
3. Divide the meat into 8 sections.
4. Take 4 sections, place on a cutting board and form into patties.
5. Place one of the bacon strips and a piece of Gouda cheese in the middle of each patty.
6. Take the remaining four sections of meat and form into patties. Place over the bacon & cheese patty; gently press to seal the edges.
7. Place burgers in the fridge to help them firm up a bit before grilling. (20 minutes)
8. Grill patties, flipping once.
9. Serve with your favorite toppings, lettuce wrap or rolls.