Sirloin Topped with Shrimp in Garlic Cream Sauce
This is what happens when you go shopping hungry... You buy everything that looks yummy! Maybe that's not such a bad thing if the result is this mouthwatering sirloin steak and succulent fresh shrimp in a garlic cream. Everyone at the dinner table raved ~ I think I'll be shopping hungry more often!
|"Surf and Turf ~ always a favorite!"|
2 Sirloin Steaks
1 Tbs. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
12 raw shrimp (31 count), peeled and deveined
1. Grill steaks to desired doneness. Be sure to cover steaks after grilling and allow to rest for 5 minutes; this will allow the juices to distribute evenly throughout the steak.
2. While steaks are grilling, prepare topping. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
3. In a skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
4. Add heavy cream, parsley and white pepper.
5. Bring mixture up to a low boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, sauce should begin to thicken.
6. Add shrimp and simmer for 4-6 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
7. Spoon mixture onto each steak.
8. Serve and enjoy!