Cashew Topped Lemon Brownie
Brownies have to be one of my most favorite desserts and lemon is one of my most favorite dessert flavors. So, why not combine them! Top this fabulous combination off with salty cashews and you've got the perfect combination of sweet and salty. I baked them in a pie dish for a little special presentation. (They freeze well too!)
|"Just the right balance of sweet,tart, salty & crunchy!"|
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 cup chopped cashews
10-12 fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine, oil, sugar, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice.
3. Add dry ingredients and gently mix to combine well.
4. Pour mix into a 8” x 8” square or round baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Top with cashews.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh strawberries.