Blueberry-Ricotta Tart with Almond Biscotti Crust
What to do with a bag of biscotti if you're not a coffee drinker or have a teething baby... Well, make a fabulous crust and fill it with rich ricotta and fresh blueberries of course! Each bite of this delicious tart has a bit of almond crunch, rich cream with a hint of vanilla and sweet blueberries. A lovely dessert to enjoy with friends and family.
|"The biscotti crust compliments the light, creamy |
filling; fresh blueberries are a perfect topping!"
1 1/2 cups crushed almond biscotti
6 Tbs. butter, melted
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F
1. Combine the crushed biscotti and melted butter; mix well.
2. Spray a glass pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the biscotti mixture along the bottom and sides of the dish to form a crust. Press to compact. (The crust will firm up once filled and baked.)
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, heavy cream and vanilla. Using an electric mixer; beat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Spoon filling into crust.
5. Top with 1/2 of the blueberries.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.
8. Slice and top with remaining blueberries.
9. Serve and enjoy!