Peppermint Candy Bark
|"A peppermint chocolate treat!"|
Black and White Chocolate Mint Bark
Fruit and Nut Bark
Sweet and Salty Bark
12 oz. white chocolate chips
12 oz. dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups candy canes or peppermints, crushed
Note: Be sure that all items that come in contact with the chocolate are dry (water-free). The chocolate will not firm up well if it comes in contact with water.
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Put the candy canes/peppermints in a zip-loc bag and crush using a rolling pin.
3. In a glass bowl, microwave the dark chips until they are melted. This will be different for all microwaves. I suggest starting with 30 seconds, mix with a wooden spoon and continue with 30 second intervals. Do not over-cook the chocolate. Once the chips are melted to a spreadable consistency they are ready.
4. Spread the chocolate on the parchment paper to 1/4" thickness.
5. Put the tray in the freezer for 20 minutes to quick-cool the chocolate.
6. Remove chocolate tray from freezer. Add the white chocolate chips to the bowl and microwave until melted.
7. Spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
8. Sprinkle the crushed candy over the white chocolate; use you hand to gently press into the chocolate.
9. Return pan to freezer for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from freezer. Use a sharp knife to chunk into bark pieces. (The bark will be fine at room temperature at this point.)
11. Serve and enjoy!