Ahi Tuna Poke
Starting with high quality ahi tuna is a must when preparing this dish. Sesame seeds, soy sauce and green onions combine for a lovely flavor. The "secret" ingredient is a the red pepper flakes; it give this traditional dish a little zip.
2 – 2 1/2 pounds fresh ahi tuna
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup green onions, chopped
2 Tbs. sesame oil
2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbs. sesame seeds
1. Slice the ahi tuna into 1/2" strips; then slice strips into 1” sections.
2. In a glass bowl, combine soy sauce, green onions sesame oil and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix to combine.
3. Add the ahi tuna to the bowl and gently toss.
4. Add sesame seeds and toss to combine tuna is evenly coated.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
6. Serve and enjoy!