Feta, Tomato and Pine Nut Stuffed Pork Chops
Stuffed pork chops are a lovely alternative to the traditional stuffed chicken breast. The stuffing combines fresh cherry tomatoes, creamy feta cheese and pine nuts. Once baked, each tender chop is topped with fresh tomato, basil and feta. Add a fresh garden salad or rice dish for a fabulous meal.
|"Fresh and delightful."|
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 pork chops (1 1/2” thick), butterflied
1/4 cup flour
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/8 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
4-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Mix flour, salt and pepper. Sprinkle on a flat plate. Set aside.
2. In a bowl; combine stuffing ingredients (1/4 cup pine nuts, 1 cup feta, 8 basil leaves and 12 cherry tomatoes).
3. Using a spoon, stuff butterflied pork chops with the mixture. Use a toothpick to gently secure opening.
4. Gently coat pork chops with the flour mixture. Add olive oil to sauté pan and quickly brown the exterior of each chop.
5. Place chops on a baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. While chops are baking combine topping ingredients (1/8 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup feta, 8 cherry tomatoes and basil.)
7. Remove chops from oven and sprinkle topping over each chop.
8. Serve and enjoy.