Stuffed Baked Potato Chips
The first few bites of a baked potato are wonderful ~ a balance of topping to potato. Then the topping is gone and you're left with lots of potato; so sad. Well, this recipe was born from that experience... Each slice of potato is smothered with the delicious toppings you'd get on a baked potato. Every bite is as good as the first!
1 medium potatoes, sliced into 1/4" slices
2 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup bacon, chopped (4-5 bacon strips)
2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup green onion
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
1. Place the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping once, until potatoes begin to brown.
3. While potatoes are baking, cook bacon in a skillet. Remove and chop.
4. In a bowl, mix bacon and mozzarella cheese.
5. Remove potatoes from the oven. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling onto each potato.
6. Bake topped potatoes for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Top each potato with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onion.
8. Plate, serve and enjoy!