Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Ranch or Gorgonzola
I was inspired to create these lettuce wraps after enjoying some buffalo chicken wings. Why not kick up traditional lettuce wraps with these cool and spicy flavors? That's just what this recipe does. Each lettuce wrap is filled with chicken tenders baked in a spicy light breading, crunchy carrots and celery, and topped with creamy ranch or Gorgonzola. Terrific flavor and they're healthy too!
|“Cool and spicy ~ healthy and delicious!”|
1 lb. chicken tenders
1/4 cup hot sauce
3 Tbs. white vinegar
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, scrambled
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup ranch dressing or Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1 head of lettuce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a large zip lock bag; combine chicken, hot sauce white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 20-40 minutes.
2. Mix bread crumbs, cayenne pepper and salt; sprinkle onto the center of a flat plate. Sprinkle flour onto the center of another flat plate.
3. Drain excess marinade from chicken. Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture.
4. Place chicken on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
5. Separate leaves from lettuce head. Place 1-2 pieces of cooked chicken in the center of the leaf. Sprinkle with chopped carrot and celery. Dress with ranch dressing and/or Gorgonzola cheese crumbles. (You may want to sprinkle additional hot sauce onto chicken to kick up the spice!)
6. Serve and enjoy!