Chocolate-Port Ganache Truffles
Chocolate is always a good start. Add heavy cream and cocoa powder and you kick it up a notch. Add Port… you’re in a whole new league! Rich & fabulous.
|“Chocolate + Port = Fabulous”|
3/4 cup heavy cream
16 ounces semisweet chocolate, (chips or chopped into small pieces)
1/4 cup Port (or late harvest sweet wine)
3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1. Line an 8” square baking pan with parchment paper; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a saucepan, slowly heat cream up to a low boil; reduce heat to low.
3. Pour in chips and stir to melt.
4. Pour in port, stir.
5. Bring mixture just up to a boil and turn off heat.
6. Pour into prepared pan and chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
7. To cut squares; remove parchment paper from pan. Using a sharp knife, cut through the ganache at 1/2" intervals. Slice into 1/2" squares.
8. Place cocoa powder in a Ziploc bag. Gently place truffle squares into the powder and toss to coat.
9. Place on a serving dish and enjoy!
Note: You can refrigerate truffles for 7-10 days.