Fresh Pesto Macaroni and Cheese (with Shrimp or Chicken)
All the flavor of pesto baked into this classic dish; my friends refer to it as adult macaroni and cheese. Succulent shrimp are blanketed in the rich and creamy cheese sauce. The fresh basil and pine nuts are the perfect accompaniment and tie the flavors together.
"All the flavor of pesto baked into this classic dish!"
8 ounces cellentani
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 egg white
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups Fontana cheese, shredded
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 2/3 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 lb. shrimp, or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine whipping cream, egg white, sea salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
3. Add Fontana, Parmesan, basil and pine nuts. Toss to combine all ingredients.
4. Add shrimp or chicken and toss again.
5. Add cellentani and gently mix with a wooden spoon to distribute noodles evenly throughout the mixture.
6. Pour mixture in a glass 8” x 10” baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes; until the top is bubbling and the shrimp are opaque.
8. Serve and enjoy!