Fruit and Oat Bars
When you combine almonds, dried pears, sunflower seeds, oats and honey; how can you not have a delicious result? Each bite of these Fruit and Oat Bars is packed with nuts, fruit and grains. Not only are they healthy, the flavor combination is a hit!
|"A great combination of crunchy and chewy!"|
3 Tbs. olive oil
3 Tbs. honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup almonds, sliced or loosely chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried pears
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Heat oven to 325 degrees F
1. Line a 8” square baking pan with parchment paper; spray with non-stick cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
2. In a bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, pears and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine oil, honey, and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Lower heat, stir mixture and heat for an additional minute.
4. Pour warm liquid over oat mixture. Gently stir to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
5. Put mixture in baking pan. Using the back of a wooden spoon (or your hand), press firmly to condense mixture. Take care that it is evenly distributed.
6. Bake for 30-38 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. (Note: If bars are warm they will crumble when cutting.)
7. Lift parchment paper out of the pan and place on cutting board. Cut into bars.
8. Serve and enjoy!