Sirloin Steak with Cracked Peppercorn & Mushroom Cream Sauce
Grilled steak and fresh ground peppercorns have always been a wonderful match. For this dish, I added sauteed mushrooms and a touch of cream to the traditional peppercorn sauce. Depending on how you enjoy your steaks; you may want to begin preparing the sauce before placing them on the grill. Be sure to let your steak rest (covered) for 5 minutes before cutting and plating. This will allow the juices to absorb into the meat and not run out when the steak is sliced.
3. In a skillet, sauté onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are softened and beginning to brown.
|"A twist on traditional peppercorn sauce ~ the cream adds a softness|
and ties together the flavors!"
2 steaks (top sirloin, New York, filet mignon)
3 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1/3 cup beef broth
2 Tbs. fresh cracked peppercorns
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Depending on how you enjoy your steaks; you may want to begin preparing the topping before placing them on the grill. The sauce will take approximately 18 minutes.
2. Grill steaks to desired doneness. Be sure to cover steaks after grilling and allow to rest for 5 minutes; this will allow the juices to be absorbed into the meat and not run out when the meat is sliced.
4. Add garlic and sauté for a minute longer.
5. Add beef broth and peppercorns. Simmer for 5 minutes to infuse the peppercorn flavor.
6. Add heavy cream and simmer for 5-8 minutes; sauce should reduce and thicken a bit.
7. Spoon mixture onto each steak.
8. Serve and enjoy!