Crunchy Vegetable and Black Bean Salsa
Although this recipe has many versions, I believe the two things that make this one special are: fresh corn off the cob; and mixing the lime juice, sugar and onion before adding the other ingredients. A perfectly delicious and crunchy, Vegetable and Black Bean Salsa. It is always a favorite with family and friends!
|"The fresh corn is they key to the fabulous flavor!"|
1 cup red onion, chopped into 1/4” pieces
1 lime, juiced
2 Tbs. sugar
4 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup red and yellow peppers, chopped into 1/4" pieces
2-3 ears corn, uncooked (niblets cut off the cob)
1 cans black beans, rinsed well
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a glass bowl, combine red onion, lime juice, sugar and olive oil. Mix well.
2. Add peppers and corn; toss to combine.
3. Add beans and cilantro; gently toss to combine all ingredients well.
4. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
5. Serve with tortillas, crackers or bread and enjoy!