Looking for a little something different to top your grilled fish or chicken? This roasted salsa is just perfect. By roasting the tomatoes and jalapenos, this salsa's flavor is mild yet rich. It will be a great topping for tacos or enjoy a bowl with tortilla chips.
|"Roasting the tomatoes and jalapenos give this salsa a deep, rich flavor."|
6 medium tomatoes, seeded
1 large red onion, quartered and separate sections
1 jalapeno, seeded
1/3 cup and 3-4 Tbs. cup olive oil
Salt to taste
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
1. In a large bowl, toss tomato, onion, jalapeno and 1/3 cup olive oil to coat well.
2. Spread on a baking sheet (cover in aluminum foil for easy clean up).
3. Salt to taste and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool.
5. Place cooled vegetables, cilantro and 3-4 Tbs. olive oil in your blender/food processor. Process until mixture is smooth.
6. Serve over fish, chicken or with tortilla chips!