Sautéed Fresh Pear and Blue Cheese Quiche
I've prepared many a quiche, but never one as light and fluffy as this. The touch of Gorgonzola coupled with the warm sauteed pears is a perfect compliment for this egg base. The yogurt and fresh cream creates a fabulous light base to blanket the fruit and cheese. Each bite is a delight!
|"You'll taste warm pear in each fluffy bite!"|
1 pastry shell
1 2/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 Cup heavy cream
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3 Tbs. butter
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup blue cheese (or Gorgonzola), crumbled
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
1. In a blender, combine eggs, yogurt, cream, salt and pepper. Blend until all ingredients are mixed well; it will have a light creamy consistency.
2. Core pears and cut pears into 1/2” slices.
3. In a large skillet, sauté cut pears in butter over medium heat until they begin to brown. Turn the pears halfway through cooking (3-4 minutes) and sprinkle with nutmeg. Remove from heat and set aside 8 pear slices.
4. Place half of the pears on the bottom of the pastry shell and sprinkle with half of the blue cheese. Repeat with the rest of the pears, cheese and egg mixture.
5. Gently place the 8 pear slices you set aside on the top of the quiche.
6. Place quiche on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
7. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
8. Serve and enjoy!