Fillet of Sole With Seafood Stuffing
With Mother's Day & Father's Day right around the corner, I was inspired to create something 5 Star worthy and I think I did just that! This creamy fillet of sole is stuffed with a light saute of crab, mushrooms and onions; topped with a crunchy Panko crumb crust. You may choose to stuff with lobster, shrimp or perhaps combine all three. Whichever you choose, it's sure to be a delight! Enjoy this fabulous 5 Star meal at home!
|"A seafood medley topped with garlic Panko breadcrumbs!"|
(photo shows rolled version)
4 Fish Fillets (Sole or another mild white fish)
1 teaspoon paprika
3 Tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 1/3 cups crab, shrimp, lobster or a combination (you may also use the imitation if you prefer)
3 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs (skip this step for gluten free)
2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
3 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a skillet over medium heat; sauté onions, celery, mushrooms and crab (or whichever seafood you choose) in 2 Tbs. olive oil until onions soften. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley, cayenne and sea salt. Stir to mix well. Set aside to cool.
3. In a skillet over medium heat; sauté garlic, Panko breadcrumbs and basil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Place fish fillets on a cutting board and sprinkle with paprika.
5. If you are using thin fillets than you will stuff and roll; if you are using thick fillets you will slice a pocket in the top and stuff.
Compress 1/4 of the stuffing mixture into a cigar shaped ball and place it in the middle of the filet.
Fold both sides up and use a toothpick to secure. Place seam side down in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Note: The ends do not need to overlap, just meet. Once the fish is baked it will hold its shape and not unroll.
Using a sharp paring knife, slice a pocket into the filet leaving 1/4” from each end of the slice. Do not worry about going too deep, once baked the fish and stuffing will stay together.
Compress 1/4 of the stuffing mixture into a cigar shaped ball and place it in the pocket of the filet.
6. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over each filet; you may use your fingers to press some of the mixture onto the sides of the filet.
7. Bake covered for 15 minutes; remove cover and bake for 3-5 minutes longer. Fish should be opaque and breadcrumbs will begin to brown.
8. Serve and enjoy!