Cheddar and Bacon Mini Stuffed Potatoes
Stuffed potatoes have always been a family favorite. I've noticed that it's definitely more about the toppings than the potato; so I thought, why not use mini potatoes? The result - a perfect combination of topping and potato. You're sure to love the cheddar and bacon version below!
2 lbs. small red skin, or fingerling potatoes (1 1/2" – 2” diameter), washed
3 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
1. Rub potatoes with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste).
2. Bake for 40 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and slice an X into the top of each potato. (Cut crosswise and lengthwise; be sure not to cut all the way through.
4. Gently squeeze the sides of each potato to open the top and expose the filling.
5. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and bacon onto each potato.
6. Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!